I’m thinking about excellence this morning.
What do I envision when I think of excellence?
I think of something well done, well thought out, and prepared.
When I think of excellence, I reflect on something much more than average.
I imagine someone who goes above and beyond what is needed to ensure the task is correct and adequate.
I think of someone working ‘as to the Lord’ – knowing God is watching them, and whatever they do – they do it as to the Lord.
When I reflect on excellence, I meditate on Ephesians 3:20 “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.” (NKJV)
Our God has the power to enable us to do all things exceedingly abundantly above what the world thinks or imagines – Excellence!
- I always try to do all things with a spirit of excellence.
- When I have to speak, I prepare months ahead and rehearse my speech many times to ensure I do the best job possible.
- Of course, I pray and ask for God’s blessing upon whatever I do.
- I’m talking about things I must do to ensure everything is done in distinction and glorifies Jehovah.
- I make it a habit to treat people respectfully.
- I do things for others the way I want them done – in good taste, superiority, and quality.
Thank God for giving me a spirit of excellence and helping me to do all things decently and orderly.
Do you think excellence is a habit or a gift and why?
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”______________________________________________________Aristotle